Directions: DIY Glitter Mason Jar
1. Remove the contents of the jar and place your jar lid and straw to the side. Use newspaper and a scrap piece of paper to protect the surface you are working on!
2. Using a piece of painter's tape or masking tape, tape around the jar with the bottom of the tape about 3 inches above the bottom of the glass.
3. Using the brush and the white Mod Podge glue, cover the bottom of the jar up to the taped line in a light layer of glue. Sprinkle the glitter over the bottom of the glass, doing this over the scrap piece of paper in order to collect the extra glitter. Set your jar aside, upside down, to dry.
4. Once dry, repeat the process of coating the bottom area in Mod Podge & glitter, using the excess collected from the paper if necessary. Do not swipe your brush side to side, instead bouncing the brush up and down against the surface of the jar to ensure cohesion. Set aside, upside down, to dry.
5. You may repeat the Mod Podge and glitter process until you are out of glitter. Once dry, remove the tape from around the jar. Then, cover the glitter portion of the jar one last time in Mod Podge, using the up and down motion with your brush, focusing on the edge that has been left by removing the tape.
6. Allow the piece to fully dry for 24-48 hours before use. We recommend hand washing for this piece!
7. Enjoy your new sparkly glass!