Directions | Charlotte Map Key Hook Frame
1. Cover your work surface. Remove all packaging from the frame, as well as the interior cardboard piece.
2. Place the map page facing up on your work surface, and your frame face down on top, trace around the frame with a pencil to determine the final size of your map, including tracing the interior opening.
3. Trim your map based on the pencil line you have traced, including cutting out the center.
4. Set the map aside and paint your frame. Paint the back and sides first, apply a second coat and let dry.
5. Flip the frame and paint one coat on the front. Let dry.
6. At this point, wash your brush and dry with a towel.
7. Using the brush, spread an even coat of Mod Podge across the frame and lay your map in place. Try to get close to wear you want it on the first try, as it will be difficult to move. Let dry.
8. Cover the front of the frame (with map) with a layer of Mod Podge and allow to dry. Add a second coat if desired.
9. Once fully dry, flip the piece over and attach the Sawtooth Hanger to the back top of the piece with the nails provided and a hammer.
10. Flip the piece back over and determine where you want to place your hooks. You can mark these spots with a pen or pencil. Using your hands, screw the hooks into the wood. (Righty-tighty, lefty-loosey).
11. You are done! Add a picture of your favorite Charlotte spot or Charlottean and enjoy!