Pom Poms are so on trend right now and are an easy way to spruce up any accessory! Here's how to get started making your own!
- Select the size Pom Pom you'd like to make. For this video, we used the largest set. Place the two pieces together with the nubbed sides facing each other.
- Start wrapping each crescent shaped side with yarn. For this video, we used a chunky yarn - you can use a standard weight yarn, but it will take longer to fill the maker. Continue wrapping until the entire crescent is full and it looks more like an orange wedge than a moon. Cut the yarn, then repeat on the other side.
- Once both sides are full, push the two halves back together and latch.
- Using the scissors, cut the yarn along the channel in between the two makers. This will be a fairly slow process and you will have to work a little bit at a time - but it's worth it!. Once you finish one side, repeat on the other side.
- Cut a length of yarn that's about 20 inches. Pull this length through the center of the Pom Pom maker (you'll feel it pulling through the nubs) and tie it tightly, making a second knot.
- Unhook the Pom Pom maker and pull it out from the inside of the Pom Pom.
- Give your Pom Pom a haircut! Trim any excess yarn that make be sticking out, working your way around the Pom Pom until you are done. Leave the string that you used to tie the Pom Pom untouched, as you will likely use this later to attach your Pom Pom.
- Enjoy! Shake Your Pom Poms!